Looking for a new alarm clock that isn't The Worst
August 27, 2014 12:50 PM Subscribe
I am looking for a mythological perfect alarm clock that clearly does not exist in this reality. So I'm hoping you folks can help me find one that is as close as possible.
This is my current clock
which I've been pretty happy with, but the current version
appears to be garbage, according to reviews.
1. Multiple alarms (2 or more)
2. Gradual alarm: ie starts softly and gradually gets louder. I never realized how wonderful this was until I had one. No more immediately being woken up by the demons of hell.
Would REALLY like:
1. Easily reachable OFF button for alarm: Every bloody alarm clock in the world dedicates 30% of its surface area to the Snooze button. I have never used Snooze in my life. I want to be able to roll over and turn the alarm off while still bleary-eyed without hunting for the damn thing. A truly bad Off switch placement would be a deal-breaker. I feel like this is the most difficult to find.
3. Battery backup for loss of power. Most have this nowadays, no worries.
Would like, but not essential:
1. Legitimately good dimmer switch: I like it dark in my bedroom. The dimmer on my current clock is hilariously useless, so I just turn the clock on its face. No worries.
2. Easy +1 hour daylight savings switch. I would imagine that most have this these days as well.
Let's see what you've got!