How can I select or delete ALL messages from a yahoo webmail account?

There's like a bajillion messages there, some in folders. I want to start this thing afresh.
posted by pompomtom to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Use Thunderbird as an imap mail client. It will let you click to select the first message, and shift click to select the last and everything in between the two. It will also let you sort by sender, in case you do want to not delete someone's email.
posted by Sophont at 5:56 AM on August 27

Or, watch this.
posted by beagle at 5:58 AM on August 27 [1 favorite]

See where it says "Compose" on the menu? Look to the right. There is a blank checkbox. After that there are icons for Trash, Move, Spam, More. Tick the check box and it selects all the emails in your inbox. Click on Trash. If you have folders, open those and do the same.
posted by TWinbrook8 at 6:35 AM on August 27

The checkbox only selects items on the current page. In my case, I have about a hundred bajillion pages, so this is unlikely to work for OP.
posted by zug at 8:51 AM on August 27

Oops. Thanks, that explains why my obvious answer was incorrect.
posted by TWinbrook8 at 12:48 PM on August 27

I had the same problem - Beagle's video has the solution.
posted by metahawk at 6:34 PM on August 27

Thank you all!
posted by pompomtom at 9:36 PM on August 27

« Older Dober dan! Can you point me to...   |  I am running OS X 10.8 on a mi... Newer »