Where to buy Astra Beer in NYC?

Where can I buy Astra Beer in NYC? I'm sure it's available somewhere, but basic Googling hasn't turned up a specific store that has it. Before I start to make the rounds of all the beer stores in the area, I'd welcome suggestions of specific stores that are known to have it. Danke!
posted by rhythm and booze to Food & Drink (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I don't know if I'd be sure that a mediocre German lager is available here.

I'd call New Beer in Manhattan.

Carlsberg lists these guys as the importer for their brands in the US and they don't appear to carry Astra in their book -so I'd call them first.
posted by JPD at 10:48 AM on August 26 [1 favorite]

Call/try Best Market on Frederick Douglass at 118th.
posted by melissasaurus at 10:54 AM on August 26

I checked the Untappd App on my phone, and even when I changed the distance to 30mile radius, it couldn't find anywhere that had it. Not that it's a comprehensive listing, but just a data point for you to consider.
posted by Grither at 10:59 AM on August 26

And ratebeer.com has it for sale in Alabama and Illinois.
posted by Grither at 11:00 AM on August 26

I actually work at the beer distributor that handles all St. Killian imports in NYC, so unfortunately i can tell you as a fact that it is not available.
posted by Furtus Lycine, Esq. at 12:32 PM on August 26 [1 favorite]

Annd this is why one AsksMetafilter first. Thanks everyone.
posted by rhythm and booze at 1:40 PM on August 26

« Older We're a major cultural institu...   |  How do I answer, "What is... Newer »