Cognitive behavioral therapy videos for laypeople

I'm looking for good, professional videos that describe the techniques of CBT for laypeople. Basically, a visual version of a CBT self-help book. I've searched YouTube and the videos are either light on technique and/or have a creepy narrator. I think my friend could benefit from it, but he needs an introduction to it first. Second choice would be a workshop where the techniques are covered. Any suggestions?
posted by TorontoSandy to Health & Fitness (5 answers total) 15 users marked this as a favorite

Don't know about quite that but www.centreforclinicalinterventions (an Aussie site) is accessible and sound - go to the workbooks section, all free.
posted by tanktop at 11:37 AM on August 17 [1 favorite]

Moodgym is an interactive website for CBT.
posted by Violet Hour at 11:46 AM on August 17 [2 favorites]

Learning Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a good CBT textbook that comes with a DVD that has videos that show examples of CBT in action.
posted by aka burlap at 3:28 PM on August 17 [1 favorite]

These Smart Recovery slides are kind of specific to addiction and recovery, but they're good resources on the basics of CBT.
posted by kinsey at 4:59 PM on August 17

Not exactly what you're looking for, but this old video of Albert Ellis conducting a session is interesting. You can find other stuff by just searching youtube for CBT.
posted by callmejay at 11:41 AM on August 19

« Older I've always wanted to know how...   |  Wifey and I remember hearing a... Newer »