August 13, 2014 7:43 AM Subscribe
I'm feeling extremely irritable today and every person I'm in contact with is pissing me off. But I need to get in a good mood fast! I'm leading an important meeting this afternoon (3 hours from now) and I cannot be scowling or grumbling. But my chest feels tight and heavy like lead--basically, what feels like an acute and grouchy depression-ish thing. How can I quickly suppress (or deal with) this and power through an intense interpersonal time?
posted by magdalemon to Health & Fitness (31 answers total) 31 users marked this as a favorite
- Have not had much coffee this morning (thinking it'd ramp up my anxiety)
- Did take my usual 150 mg Wellbutrin upon waking
- Have Xanax available if I need it (but I reserve it as a last resort)
- Have been exercising regularly, eating well, getting full nights' sleep
- Did take Ambien, the past two nights, if that is a factor in next-day grouchiness?
Any suggestions, mantras, or general "consider this point of view when dealing with other people" statements would be welcome. The meeting will be roughly two hours long and I cannot phone it in--I need to be present and cheerful and on top of my game. What can I do in the next three hours to fix or lessen this irritability? Thanks!!