New lenses for old glasses

I have two pairs of old glasses I really like, and want new lenses for them. Is there anywhere in Boston that will give me a good deal on them? Single vision, weak prescription, polycarbonate. I could probably be interested in adding the first AR option. Costco is not an option. Walmart is $79, but takes several weeks. Where is the best place to have my new prescription filled?
posted by tintexas to Shopping (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you checked out For Eyes? They have several in your area. I haven't used them in the several years since I had Lasik, but they were always reasonably priced, good quality, and pretty quick.
posted by DrGail at 5:11 AM on August 12

If you don't mind the wait (which you might if Walmart takes too long), I have had 3 pairs of glasses done by replacealens.com. If you factor in cost ($35 a pair, less if you do them both at the same time) it can be worth the wait.
posted by token-ring at 12:48 PM on August 12

Lenscrafters? They are fast.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 4:10 PM on August 12

« Older Partner and I are interested i...   |  I know I am depressed and need... Newer »