Now get this work-work-work-work, working on my sheets

What is the best site, app, or program for kids' worksheets? Math, science, handwriting, grammar, etc.

I grew up doing a bunch of Scholastic workbooks bought from bookstores and Dominick's (2013-rip). All sorts of stuff taking me from 1st grade, till I got too cool to do workbooks.

Now that there's no Dominick's, I should probably be able to get something off the internet. Teachers, parents, people who would know about this stuff...tell me what you got. Even if it's some home made stuff.

English and math of course, but also an eye towards science and geography to supplement the education of 5-7 year olds.
posted by hal_c_on to Education (7 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

TeachersPayTeachers is a great resource. :)
posted by Hermione Granger at 4:47 PM on August 6 [2 favorites]

Donna Young has a lot of stuff.
posted by not that girl at 5:32 PM on August 6

My kids like IXL.com (we get the login from school) and Kahn Academy.

You can still get Scholastic workbooks; Costco sells them, and I presume other places do too. I found some mistakes in the 3rd grade one I bought recently, but I figure it's good for my kids to practice tech editing along with map reading and arithmetic.
posted by The corpse in the library at 6:48 PM on August 6

Printable worksheets/workbooks would be great.
posted by hal_c_on at 8:56 PM on August 6

When I taught math and needed some quick math worksheets:

Math Drills
Math Aids.

More math lesson but YummyMath has some worksheets. Yummy Math is that 3-Act math than Dan Myers refers to when discussing rethinking how we teach math. It's really engaging.

For almost everything:
Super Teacher
Soft Schools.

I would have moments right before teaching geometry or whatever and realize SHIT I had a solid lesson but no written work and at some point or another, all of these sites saved my ass.

All you need to do is search for "Free ____ Printable Worksheets" and go with the top 5 hits.

TeachersPayTeachers is comprehensive, but more often than not you have to pay for something that's free on the internet. Don't pay for anything.
posted by kinetic at 4:45 AM on August 7

Common Core Sheets. MEP Math.
posted by oceano at 8:44 AM on August 7

Evan-Moor has some great downloadable workbooks covering history, geography, science, language arts, etc.

I've tried their K-3 science and geography offerings, and found them well put together with minimal fluff. Very reasonably priced, for the content!
posted by Wavelet at 5:06 PM on August 7

« Older I need a new grocery list app ...   |  I accidentally received a free... Newer »