Need the title of a space-based science fiction novel

Around 10 years ago I read a science fiction paperback novel (that I think had been recently published) and I can't remember what it was called. All I can remember is that it was largely set on a spacecraft and there were a group of Humans investigating a series of horrible deaths on a planet and on another spacecraft. They found the bones of the missing people buried on the planet they were investigating.
posted by DarrenLB to Writing & Language (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I want to say Buried Deep but it was published too recently and some of the details don't quite match up.
posted by foxfirefey at 10:29 AM on August 6, 2014

Ship of Fools?
posted by cjelli at 10:42 AM on August 6, 2014 [4 favorites]

I think this isn't it, because the time frame is all wrong, but this reminds me of Scalzi's The God Engines.
posted by hought20 at 11:23 AM on August 6, 2014

The Sparrow?
posted by augustimagination at 12:02 PM on August 6, 2014

That definitely sounds like Ship of Fools.
posted by pullayup at 2:15 PM on August 6, 2014

« Older In early September, I'm going ...   |  I think I was at a science fic... Newer »