Need a good couch for cheap

Does this exist in Austin? I'm looking for a family-owned furniture store that sells name-brand furniture for less than the name-brand store. There's a place in the Dallas suburbs that does this. They have very little inventory, but they have the catalogs for places like Ashley, La-Z-Boy, and Bassett. Customers typically look around at those stores and then go to the mom-and-pop shop to order from the catalog. If you've seen this in the Austin area (Round Rock to San Marcos), please tell me where!
posted by erloteiel to Shopping (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I don't know if they are cheaper than the actual Ashley/Bassett store but Gage Furniture is locally owned and has the usual suspects brand wise.

They always have some sort of sale/special going on and are totally willing to work with you if you go in and talk to them.
posted by magnetsphere at 7:53 AM on August 4

For posterity: We shopped at Gage, Sofa Mart, Bassett, Ashley, and Room Store. Gage had the best combination of quality and price. We ended up with an American-made, kiln-dried hardwood, custom sectional and an accent chair for about $2700.
posted by erloteiel at 5:32 PM on August 12

« Older I inherited this rice cooker b...   |  Is there something wrong with ... Newer »