Forums for Grammar Nerds?

I feel like I should be able to find this somehow, but I'm just not having much luck - where do grammar nerds go online? I'd like to find some forums. I've found a few language blogs (and if you can recommend more of those, too, I'd appreciate it) and a couple of grammar forums, but they weren't quite what I'm looking for. I want a place to really geek out on grammar/language - sentence diagramming, obscure grammatical rules, history of the English language, etc.
posted by signalandnoise to Writing & Language (7 answers total) 27 users marked this as a favorite

What have you already found? E.g., I assume you know about Language Log? (with posts like graph of languages that are Greek to other languages in other languages)
posted by cdefgfeadgagfe at 8:02 AM on July 29

Well, there is the English Language and Usage StackExchange site.
posted by number9dream at 8:02 AM on July 29

I've been following Language Log for a little while. English Language and Usage I just found a few days ago. The majority of the ones I've found so far are for ESL students. The Grammar Exchange and the Grammar forum on absolutewrite.com are a bit closer to what I'm looking for. I guess I want a Language Lovers Forum, where it's not just about asking specific questions in the hope of getting answers, but having fun with language.
posted by signalandnoise at 9:19 AM on July 29

Surely you know of our own beloved languagehat and his excellent site languagehat.com?
posted by Lynsey at 10:57 AM on July 29 [4 favorites]

There are 2700 people on the Facebook group for the language-related radio show I do. It's mostly about fun.
posted by Mo Nickels at 1:06 PM on July 29 [1 favorite]

« Older Where can I find the sound of ...   |  I have a one person business, ... Newer »