What's that site

I remember discovering a site in, god, 2007 or 2008 I think, possible through Metafilter, that had a theme every month (I very much remember the theme 'Anarchy') and published a number of essays around that theme. Not essays by readers, essays by scholars. I think the essays somehow had to be written in reaction to each other. It was super interesting, but I lost track of it and now I don't know what it was called anymore, or even whether it still exists. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
posted by Skyanth to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Try "Cato Unbound," at cato.org -- that's my best guess.
posted by Mr. Justice at 4:56 AM on July 29 [1 favorite]

Yep, recognise the name immediately. Thanks Mr. Justice!
posted by Skyanth at 5:02 AM on July 29

You've apparently already found your answer, but if anyone else was reminded of the website started by Derek Powazek in the late 90s, it's Fray, which is still going in a print edition. (Archive here.)
posted by Flamingo at 7:04 AM on July 29 [2 favorites]

If you like this sort of themed concept you might enjoy Lapham's Quarterly.
posted by Wretch729 at 12:45 PM on July 29

Thanks guys. I'm a LQ subscriber already, and Fray looks very interesting, so good calls.
posted by Skyanth at 2:12 AM on July 30

« Older I can't for the life of me get...   |  I would like non-medical sugge... Newer »