GUH-luuuuuee? 70s/80s frozen pizza commercial

I've been trying to find a vintage frozen pizza commercial from the late 70s or early 80s. I've no idea why the particular commercial is stuck in my head, but it's like an ear worm. Until I can find and watch the thing, I shall be forever haunted by the memory.

The brand of pizza escapes me, but it was something along the lines of a family sitting around a table while a voice over says something about how many pizzas don't use real cheese and instead use casein, a main ingredient in glue.

This causes the family to look at the camera and exclaim, "GUH-luuuuuuue?" followed by the pitch for whatever pizza is being sold.

I'm absolutely positive about frozen pizza, casein and glue, but any of the other details may be wrong . . .
posted by Ickster to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I found this Tony's Pizza Cleo Award blurb.
posted by marimeko at 2:23 PM on July 25 [2 favorites]

That's kind of hilarious given that casein is also a "main ingredient" in cheese.
posted by fiercecupcake at 2:41 PM on July 25 [1 favorite]

I know that now, but it seemed scandalous to the ~10 year old me.
posted by Ickster at 2:51 PM on July 25

marimeko, I'm sure that's the one. Now to see if I can find it.
posted by Ickster at 2:53 PM on July 25

OMG I remember that commercial! I did a search on YouTube and found a different Tony's Pizza commercial from the same decade. You can watch and see if the branding is the same as what you remember. I think quite a few brands at that time were saying they were "real cheese." Nothing else came up, but there's a lot of 80s commercials playlists that you can watch and hope it's in the mix.
posted by vivzan at 3:23 PM on July 25

I'll keep looking around, but so far it seems like something that never made it on to the internet. Thanks for the great lead, marimeko.
posted by Ickster at 4:52 PM on July 25

« Older My boss is bringing his kids t...   |  More and more, I've been think... Newer »