I am a 2nd-grade teacher at school in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area. Our teaching team is looking to add a field trip for the whole grade this year that has to do with creative writing. Suggestions?
The format is pretty loose. We teach a modified version of Writer's Workshop from the Reading & Writing Project
, and we would love to find a field trip that gives kids an opportunity to do some fun creative writing outside the classroom. 826 Valencia has a splendid program called Storytelling & Bookmaking
, but it is primarily for San Francisco public schools (we are on their waiting list). That type of format is generally what we're looking for, but anything that involves pumping some fun and creativity into writing is great.
- This is for about 50 second graders (ages 7 and 8).
- It could be a 2-day trip with the kids split into 2 groups.
- This is a private school.
- It would need to be in Oakland, Berkeley, or SF.
- I don't have a specific budget but, you know, nothing too crazy.