Seeking all-in-one SFF headline site for daily reading

Seeking recommendations for a site with good coverage of books, films, comics etc. centered around SFF nerdery for my RSS reader. I used to read The Mary Sue, but have been meh about it since its revamp. I'm currently trying out Tor.com, but I'm looking for other alternatives. Feminist orientation is a plus, but not mandatory. I don't play video games, and I'm not particularly interested in rewatches/rereads other than on FanFare.
posted by immlass to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

I haven't been so happy with any of the sites going these days as a single source. What I ended up doing was "liking" the FB pages for The Mary Sue, io9, Comic Book Resources, and about a dozen others. Frankly, at this point, I like whatever FB suggests in this vein. This way, while I'm doing my normal FB reading, I get a heaping helping of SFF/Comic book/horror news served up along with it, on a constantly refreshing basis.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 2:47 PM on July 24

I like io9 fairly well.
posted by thebrokedown at 2:55 PM on July 24

SF Signal is what you want, I suspect. Once a day they do a link round-up, and they also post links to free/cheap ebooks, movie and book reviews, and general news. It's not exactly feminist, but I'd say it's not anti-feminist either.

I don't love it, but it's a good roundup of news in SFF-dom.
posted by suelac at 4:03 PM on July 24 [1 favorite]

It is definitely not their main focus, but when Racialicious gets nerdy, it is awesome.
posted by ChuraChura at 5:07 PM on July 24

I love overthinkingit.com. They don't cover evrything, but what they do cover, they overthink it.
posted by Potomac Avenue at 5:39 PM on July 24

« Older When I want to do work that in...   |  During a recent cross country ... Newer »