<30 discounts

I got my theater tickets at a discount, and I could join the Portland City Club at a discount (if I lived in Portland...). I'm 27 and want to find out about other discounts for the under-30 crowd. Where should I be looking? I live in Berkeley and tend to be into things like politics, theater, culture, etc., but general suggestions are welcome. Thank you!
posted by c'mon sea legs to Work & Money (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Berkeley Rep has half-price tickets if you're under 30, which may be what you're referring to in your first sentence? But putting it out there if not.
posted by brainmouse at 2:14 PM on July 17

AAA and your local npr station have discounts for members.
posted by brujita at 2:32 PM on July 17

Sorry, just to clarify: I'm looking for discounts that I can get specifically because of my age, not just general discounts.
posted by c'mon sea legs at 2:40 PM on July 17

I highly recommend the Commonwealth Club - politics, culture, food, current events, etc., something for everyone. And a discount for the under 35.
posted by shoesietart at 2:49 PM on July 17

Shotgun Players have a season-ticket discount if you're 38 years or younger.
posted by theodolite at 2:50 PM on July 17 [1 favorite]

Just to add to theodolite, The Shotgun Players were one of my favorite things about living in Berkeley.
posted by bswinburn at 3:45 PM on July 17

Check local museums, theaters and art house cinemas. Each place may have their own program.
posted by brujita at 4:05 PM on July 17

It's not under 30, but the San Francisco Opera has their BRAVO! CLUB, which is limited to members aged 21-40.
posted by Diagonalize at 7:10 PM on July 17

The SF Jewish Film Festival opens next week, and offers a $30 pass for anyone under 35. You can see a lot of movies for those $30.
posted by aws17576 at 10:05 AM on July 18

« Older I'm landing in Copenhagen July...   |  My doctor abroad wants me to s... Newer »