Winnipeg Mazda A/C repair?

Mrs. Sauce and I are on an epic roadtrip in our Mazda and we just lost our air conditioner. Yelp is failing us. Can anyone recommend an honest and capable repair shop in Winnipeg?
posted by Sauce Trough to Travel & Transportation around Winnipeg, MB (6 answers total)

If you're a CAA member they can put you in touch with someone who won't scam you.
posted by brujita at 11:24 PM on July 16, 2014

Are you not interested in taking it to a Mazda dealer? Not that they are guaranteed not to be scammers, of course, but there are two Mazda dealerships in Winnipeg. Crown and Gerry Gordons.
posted by Thorzdad at 6:55 AM on July 17, 2014

Gerry Gordon's is notoriously bad on all fronts. Crown's maintenance guys are decent.
If you're opposed to taking it to a dealer, my buddy used to work at European Domestic...no guarantees on what they'd charge you, but the work should be good.
posted by Kreiger at 7:04 AM on July 17, 2014

You didn't mention how old the Mazda is and what happened to the A/C. Did it just stop blowing cold air? There are inexpensive kits to refill the Freon that do not take major mechanical ability.
posted by JohnE at 9:08 AM on July 17, 2014

If it just has a freon leak, those freon refill kits are very cheap. Get the one with the air pressure sensor so you don't overfill, but it literally takes 5 minutes and will get you through the trip.
posted by zug at 11:52 AM on July 17, 2014

It's a 2009 with 38k miles on it.

It just stopped blowing cold air -- we don't know the root cause.
posted by Sauce Trough at 12:50 PM on July 17, 2014

« Older As I was driving home the othe...   |  So I can actually cook, and pr... Newer »