Identify a movie where kids are inside the TV

I have a vague memory of a single bit of a movie I saw in the early 90s (don't know how old the movie was tho). Three kids, on the lip of a giant TV screen. The sky was orange/yellow/green stormy. The movie villain was threatening them, and they either pushed him into TV land, or they themselves jumped into it to escape him. Any guesses?
posted by rebent to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Stay Tuned? I thought only the parents went into the TV in this one. 1992.
posted by beowulf573 at 8:15 PM on July 12 [2 favorites]

Terrorvision
posted by Confess, Fletch at 8:26 PM on July 12

Tvtropes has a page on this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrappedInTVLand.
posted by catwash at 8:33 PM on July 12

Any chance you're thinking of the TV show Kidd Video? (Skip to 0:48 for the villain pulling the kids into his world)
posted by cadge at 12:06 PM on July 13

I don't think it's any of those mentioned. I watched Stay Tuned but it didn't have the specific scene i am remembering.
posted by rebent at 1:31 PM on July 13

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
posted by bbqturtle at 7:10 AM on July 14

« Older I got a dog! He's a Border Col...   |  So we rented the house and hav... Newer »