Requesting a French police report. Enclose €5 for stamps?

I need to request a police report from a French city. The USPS doesn't sell International Reply Coupons anymore, and I can't mail coins. I can send a €5 bill (about US$7) to cover the €2 postage, or nothing at all. I have included my email and fax in the letter as well as a self-addressed envelope. Is it a good idea or bad idea to include the five Euros?
posted by wnissen to Law & Government (3 answers total)

Can you or a Francophone friend give the non-emergency number for the police in the town a call and see what they would prefer?
posted by mdonley at 6:31 PM on July 8 [1 favorite]

The French post office seems to offer a print-at-home service; might that be an option?
posted by teremala at 8:47 PM on July 8

Is it a good idea or bad idea to include the five Euros?

It's a perfectly fine idea if they take cash. What are you imagining are the downsides to a $7 solution to your problem? Otherwise I'm sure someone here can hook you up with stamps.
posted by DarlingBri at 6:28 AM on July 9

« Older A week ago, my boyfriend has s...   |  I just set up my game systems ... Newer »