Give a man a script, he'll block users for a lifetime...

I picked up a greasemonkey script from userscripts.org a while back that allows me to block and ignore users on Livefyre-powered forums, which is incredibly useful for weeding out trolls on the sports-related sites I read. The site seems to be down/gone now and I can't find the script anywhere else. I want to share it with others.

I figured if I couldn't find a link to it somewhere online that I would export it somehow and post it somewhere for other users of the site to install. But I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

What do I need to do here? I want to be able to give others a link without emailing them an attachment or something like that. Perhaps I can PM through the forum - I suppose that would work.
posted by Thistledown to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

What is the name of the script? I had to do this when userscripts.org was down (is it still down?) for a month. I had to use the exact name, but I figured it out after much googling.
posted by getawaysticks at 6:43 AM on July 7

A google search leads me to a name, change the port to 8080 and voila.
posted by devnull at 6:59 AM on July 7 [1 favorite]

There is this metatalk thread about userscripts.org that has helpful info about it and also suggests the 8080 workaround.
posted by soelo at 7:22 AM on July 7

If the 8080 work-around ever stops working, you can also use userscripts-mirror.org to do the same thing. Or you might also check to see if they've been uploaded to GreasyFork.
posted by Aleyn at 9:09 AM on July 7

Thanks! At the time I tried the google search (admittedly, a few weeks ago) I couldn't get to anything functional. Perhaps my searching was faulty.

I did see the mirror and Greasyfork, but at the time I checked, neither was there. The 8080 link seems to be valid!
posted by Thistledown at 9:12 AM on July 7

« Older It's time for a career redirec...   |  Yes, we are looking for places... Newer »