I want to start taking better care of my nails and cuticles, beyond just clipping them when they're long, so I want to pick up some good products for cleaning up the ends of the nails and the raggedness of the cuticles.
I’ve done a little bit of looking into this, and now I’m thinking the following:
- Cuticle remover: what specific product should I use to soften and clean up? Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover, CND Cuticle Eraser, Blue Cross Cuticle Remover, or other?
- Orangewood sticks: or would a metal implement be better?
- Nail clippers: I was going to order the Mehaz pair recommended by The Sweethome
- Nail file: simple disposable emery boards or would something else be better?
- Nail block: what should I look for?
Does this sound reasonable? Is there anything else that would be helpful (like nippers)? I’m a guy with short nails, so nothing that’s specific to having long nails or some such, please. Product links would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.