Taking a Bag to Yankee Stadium

Yankee Stadium (and all pro baseball parks) let you bring in a soft bag that measures up to 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches. So where do I find a bag that measures as close to 16"x16"x8" as possible?

The rule is you can bring in a personal bag "provided the bag is soft-sided (e.g., diaper bags or small purses) and its dimensions do not exceed 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches."

The trouble is that I can't find a bag that measures 16"x16"x8". I can find bigger or smaller, yes. But I something as large as I can get because I also need to use it as a carry-on item on a place.

I've searched Amazon and other places and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
posted by Yakuman to Travel & Transportation (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Joann Fabric store near me carries a 16x16x8 tote bag in a cream-colored crochet. It's a craft-storage item. (I know the dimensions cause it's in the circular I just got and lo! it's also on the website). Unfortunately it has no closure of any kind, so I don't think they'd be terribly convenient as a carryon.
posted by crush-onastick at 4:02 PM on June 25

Something like this may be your best bet.

Also, if you find something SLIGHTLY larger I'm sure they're not going to measure your bag.
posted by erst at 4:28 PM on June 25

I wouldn't bet on them letting something slightly larger in. The NFL has a more restrictive bag policy and they have people outside the gates with a piece of cardboard cut to the maximum size. If your bag is bigger they turn you away. At least that's how it is at my team's stadium.
posted by jshort at 5:27 PM on June 25

I got in with a slighty larger one this weekend. Don't use the main gate. Instead, go down River and use Gate 8. Shorter lines anyway. They're not as strict as the NFL, but don't want people carrying in space hoggers.
Also PSA in the event you're not aware, you can bring in food and drink reasonable for one person.
posted by TravellingCari at 5:40 PM on June 25

I was going to say that it wouldn't be hard to sew one yourself but for $3 you should just buy the one at Jo-Ann's that crush-onastick recommended.
posted by metahawk at 10:03 PM on June 25

Maybe something like this? My son has tons of these from soccer tournaments. I don't have one with me here at work, but from memory, these seem to be about those dimensions. I randomly chose the Mexico one, there's a ton of others (all soccer-related) if you search "adidas drawstring bag" on the Dick's Sporting Goods site (or Modells, etc.).
posted by kuanes at 4:56 AM on June 26

« Older If Don Draper were a graphic d...   |  My allergist says I'm allergic... Newer »