Reticulating Splines ... forever?
June 21, 2014 8:37 PM Subscribe
Issues with downloading the Minecraft update to XBox 360. Please help so my child doesn't disown me forever.
posted by anastasiav to Technology (7 answers total)
Started at 8 pm this evening attempting to download the Minecraft XBox 360 update that came out back in April. The download continues to fail, despite multiple tries. Can you help me figure out why?
- Xbox is connected to the internet, but we don't have a paid "gold" membership. Have downloaded many updates to other things (system updates, rock band, lego games) in the past without issue.
- Over 200 gb storage left on machine; I doubt storage is the issue. No external drives or USB.
- Each time I attempt the download, it gets a little further, but then fails. Error code is always the same: Status Code 4174 0000 D080 0200 8007 2EE2
- Connection tests fine.
- I've cleared the cache; no change
- We run Minecraft off a disc, not a download
and, the worst part, since the failed downloads, we can no longer play the game. The game loads normally until the "initializing server" page, then completely freezes.
My son is nearly 8. Friday was his last day of 2nd grade, and his reward for having an excellent year was that he could play as much Minecraft as he wanted this weekend. If I don't fix this, there will be a very upset child to deal with.