If i activate my new credit card will i need to transfer my balance?

If i activate my new credit card will i need to transfer my balance over or will they have already done that?

I have a capital one credit card, and last month they sent out an email saying they were doing away with that one and putting out a new one called the Journey card and that i would get my new card in the mail soon. I still have a balance on my old one, will it just transfer over automatically once i activate my new card or will i have to get them to do it? They didn't really make any of that clear in the email or letter i got with the card.
posted by earthquakeglue to Work & Money (4 answers total)

Call them and ask. They'll probably put that amount on the new card, but they'll confirm that for you.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 2:15 PM on June 21

I have had this happen many times and the balance is automatically transferred for you.
posted by joan_holloway at 2:36 PM on June 21 [1 favorite]

I've had this happen more than once, and they just transfer it all over for you, exactly like if you got a new credit card because your old one expired.
posted by jeather at 3:55 PM on June 21 [1 favorite]

Thanks everyone!
posted by earthquakeglue at 4:06 PM on June 21

« Older I write product descriptions f...   |  Family -- including my preteen... Newer »