I need more ideas for what I can do to make my dog's time happier & more active/stimulating for him while I am focused on the computer doing my work.
Schedules changed recently in our household- my husband used to stay home most of the day using quite a bit of his time to play with our dog
while I worked. Now he needs to go to his lab during the day and I am working from home. So now our dog gets much less one on one playtime during the day. The transition hasn't led to any behavior problems (so far) but the guilt from knowing he's missing out on the playtime he used to have is killing me. I worry he is getting bored.
What I am doing already-
1) Putting his meals into treat dispensing toys (such as the IQ ball or kong wobbler)
2) Making sure he gets a walk twice a day.
3) Taking quick breaks for one on one playtime when I can.
4) Love and pets while working and throughout the day of course.
5) Taking him to doggie daycare once weekly so he gets at least one full day of play
6) Have a selection of toys available out for him to play with.
We do not have a yard, only a very small fenced in patio. I am open to any suggestion.
What I can do to make his time happier & more active for him while I am focused on the computer doing my work?
Are there are toys that dogs will chase around even if they don't dispense food? We already dispense all his food through treat balls.