Football Game like Sensible World of Soccer 97

I recently read this article which reminded me what an awesome game SWOS 97 was, particularly the football management side of it. My friends and I used to spend AGES playing this game. Is there a modern equivalent, or a way I can play SWOS with updated teams?

I have "Super Soccer Champs" on my Android phone which, I have to say, is pretty close to the SWOS experience but looking for other recommendations. Android preferred, PC is OK, iphone a distant third.

posted by Admira to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total)

What system did you originally play the game on? SWOS first came out for the Amiga.

They make emulator programs for most of the old game systems. Doing a very quick search, I see you can get an Amiga emulator here. It even looks like he has a list of game programs for the emulator, including SWOS. I can not vouch for this particular website, but I do know that with a little effort you can find an emulator program for any game system, and game programs to play on the emulator.
posted by Flood at 7:03 PM on June 17

Originally on the Amiga 500. So I could emulate it (using this app on my android) and then use this pack here for up to date teams? Seems I have a project for tonight!

Still keen to hear of any options that don't rely on some hard core SWOS fans keeping things up to date.
posted by Admira at 7:27 PM on June 17

You need New Star Soccer in your life http://www.newstargames.com/index.html
posted by chrispy108 at 5:50 AM on June 21

« Older Are there any TV series or fil...   |  I had both invisalign and brac... Newer »