Google cannot help me find this tsunami movie...I hope you can!

It's from within the past 10 years, I think. The wave hits very early on--a couple are in a high rise hotel and the woman sees it coming from the hotel balcony. I remember a scene of her and I think her son underwater at some point. Not "The Impossible"! I hope that rings someone's bell...and thank you!
posted by aimeedee to Media & Arts (7 answers total)

Hereafter? (you were possibly thwarted by this being a "psychic" movie and not a "disaster" movie).
posted by Shepherd at 11:11 AM on June 13

Could it be this: Tsunami: Caught on Camera?
posted by lindseyg at 11:27 AM on June 13

Was it the episode of CSI: Miami called "Crime Wave" YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
posted by bottlebrushtree at 11:53 AM on June 13

Tsunami: The Aftermath?
posted by dgeiser13 at 11:59 AM on June 13

Yes, Tsunami:The Aftermath. The woman and her son were underwater on a scuba diving charter trip when it hit. Another person (a dad) saw it coming from their beachside hotel balcony and hustled inside.

(Why do I remember these things but forget my husband's cell phone number?)
posted by _Mona_ at 12:40 PM on June 13

Sadly, I don't think it's any of these. Could it be a French film? Ack. I will keep trying to remember more details. Thanks so far...
posted by aimeedee at 5:29 AM on June 14

There was a recent, very over-the-top South Korean disaster movie called Tidal Wave; you can see the scene where it hits here.
posted by Rhaomi at 11:28 AM on June 15

« Older We traveled a couple of weeks ...   |  Yesterday my PC repeatedly fai... Newer »