Can you name this 1980's movie?

My wife and I remember the same mid 1980's movie about a young couple, but cannot figure out what it is.

We both happen to remember a movie scene where the male lead places photos of the female lead on a bed and jumps onto the photo's sending them fyling. We cannot remember the movie, but think we both liked it. We think it was a teen love romantic comedy type movie. Based on where each of us watched it, it has to be a release from late 1984 or early 1985.

I think it was a kind of "Say Anything", "The Sure Thing", "Can't Buy Me Love" kind of movie. Neither of us can remember the cast, although it may have taken place in the Northeast somewhere...

Does any anybody recognize what the movie is? I have not been able to locate it. Thank you for any help.
posted by Leenie to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

There was "Better off dead". He's obsessed with his ex "beth". I dont remember that scene but I remember him having a bunch of pictures of her.
posted by beccaj at 6:23 PM on June 12 [1 favorite]

"Lane Myer, truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in moppishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion."

Better Off Dead, indeed.
posted by humboldt32 at 6:35 PM on June 12 [2 favorites]

I don't remember that scene from Better Off Dead - I was going to guess No Small Affair with Jon Cryer & Demi Moore. Check out the trailer, he falls onto the bed of photos around the 1:20 mark.
posted by oh yeah! at 7:16 PM on June 12

Better of Dead is a great movie, but it isn't the one I was looking for. "I want my two dollars!"

Thanks to "oh yeah!" for finding the movie! "No Small Affair" it is.
posted by Leenie at 7:58 PM on June 12

« Older I'm considering a career chang...   |  Over the last month, google in... Newer »