June 8, 2014 7:10 PM Subscribe
I had a mole removed and biopsied last week. It came back negative but the dermatologist recommended a surgical excision to remove "the rest of it." I am leaving the U.S. indefinitely... tomorrow. What are my options? Could I reasonably expect to be able to have this procedure done overseas?
posted by ista to Health & Fitness (7 answers total)
I have two options:
1. delay my flight back to work and book a flight back to see this dermatologist, or
2. transfer my medical records internationally (to the Netherlands) and have the excision done there.
I would much much prefer the latter, but if it's not possible, it will be even more hassle and cost (and delay) to fly back to the States and get it done later.
I got the call Friday evening, so haven't been able to ask my doctor. The nurse did say no trouble to transfer the biopsy results, but could there be any issues internationally? assume the insurance part is covered.