I'm asking on behalf of a friend looking to join a credit union in Maryland. What should I be looking for? What are some red flags? Also, what are some good ones that you've had personal experience with?
There was a similar question
posed 3 years ago, but I have a few more snowflake details about my friend.
* She's a professor (could be eligible for specialized credit unions?)
* Lives in Baltimore City
* She's looking to build her own house in a few years, so loan rates are important
* She also travels internationally often, so she needs access to ATMs internationally
* Good mobile app is a plus
* Good customer service is a plus plus
* And donations, if any, to charitable organizations would be cool