Chipotle vodka recipes?

Difficulty level: No Bloody Marys.

We were apparently gifted a bottle of chipotle-flavored spicy vodka (I say apparently because it appeared in our liquor cabinet as if by magic). We have no idea what to do with it other than make Bloody Marys, except I hate tomato juice.

Help me come up with cocktail ideas that involve a spicy chipotle vodka! Would something like cucumber soda taste good with chipotle vodka? Ideas, please!
posted by erst to Food & Drink (12 answers total)

Pineapple juice, maybe? I had a bottle of habenero vodka that mixed very well with pineapple juice.
posted by dchrssyr at 10:36 AM on May 31 [5 favorites]

Sounds like it might make a nice vodka sauce if you're ok with liquid tomato in non-beverage form.
posted by contraption at 10:40 AM on May 31

Maybe mango and lime?
posted by unknowncommand at 10:57 AM on May 31

Chocolate.
posted by oceanjesse at 11:03 AM on May 31 [1 favorite]

Try some of these recipes.

Perhaps a mojito, of sorts.

Muddle leafed herbs: cilantro, fresh parsley, oregano.

Lime juice

Soda

Chipotle vodka.

Or how about a Beer. Lime juice and a shot. I'd call it, Hell's Boilermaker.

I could have some fun.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 11:14 AM on May 31 [1 favorite]

Yeah, like others have suggested, I'd pair it with sweet things, maybe more on the rich end if the chipotle flavor is especially earthy/smoky. For some reason a chipotle White Russian sounds kind of compelling to me.

I'd be leery of blindly subbing it in any cocktail recipe where habanero vodka is used -- habanero and chipotle have very different flavor profiles.

You mention cucumber soda. It seems to me that the earthy, spicy chipotle flavor would go pretty well with a cool, crisp mixer. Worth a try!
posted by Sara C. at 11:16 AM on May 31

Hah, we had the exact same problem at our house. Our favorite use so far has been mixed with mango juice.
posted by soleiluna at 11:52 AM on May 31

A bar near me has a drink with chipotle tequila, hibiscus water, and I think sugar and lime. It is very delicious.
posted by sepviva at 12:05 PM on May 31 [2 favorites]

On the very-simple end of things, that sounds like it would make a great vodka tonic.
posted by easement1 at 12:39 PM on May 31

put it in the freezer. buy some pickled mushrooms. befriend (2) Russians. Problem solved!

(seriously, it's good neat, if you like that sort of thing)
posted by mr vino at 1:29 PM on May 31

Mix it up with some lime soda, and some fresh lime juice? I saw a recipe for a sriracha-tequila cocktail, and although it was compared to a Bloody Mary, there was absolutely no tomato juice in it.

Here's a Mango, Cilantro, Chipotle Vodka, Sparkling Lime cocktail drink recipe. I'd probably do lime/lemon-lime soda instead of the lime vodka, or maybe just lime seltzer-water myself.
posted by PearlRose at 2:00 PM on May 31

chipotle chocolate martini—the recipes that came up first on Google used dried chipotle and chocolate vodka, but I'd imagine it would be easy to flip those.
posted by cheerwine at 7:55 PM on May 31

« Older I would like to find links to ...   |  What is the proper air conditi... Newer »