Is there a venue calendar aggregator site for music shows in SF?

In New York I often used OhMyRockness for a comprehensive list of upcoming indie/rock/comedy shows at different venues, but I can't seem to find a similar site for San Francisco. I end up going to each individual venue website (The Independent, The Fillmore, The Chapel, Slim's, etc) for info but this isn't ideal. Is there a site I just don't know about? Thanks!
posted by blackcatcuriouser to Society & Culture (9 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

I use the last.fm events page and am just on a bunch of mailing lists for venues.
posted by bile and syntax at 6:30 PM on May 30

I used to use SFStation but it stopped being effective for a while. I just took a look at it and it looks like they've revamped it and it may be worth checking out.
posted by janey47 at 6:48 PM on May 30

Also, you should check out Goldstar -- That ends up being how I find out about most comedy shows and it's a site for discount tickets so it's win/win.
posted by janey47 at 6:50 PM on May 30

http://www.sfgate.com/music/ - from the SF Chronicle's entertainment page
posted by shoesietart at 6:55 PM on May 30

Songkick is good for this.
posted by saul wright at 7:02 PM on May 30

for music venues, the list is pretty comprehensive: www.foopee.com/punk/the-list
posted by Rube R. Nekker at 7:06 PM on May 30 [1 favorite]

I also came in to recommend songkick - with a nice bonus factoid. If you install their app on your smartphone, it will scan your music collection for the artists you listen to, and give you a customized calendar of their gigs.
posted by kickingtheground at 7:22 PM on May 30 [2 favorites]

In addition to Songkick, there's BandsInTown.
posted by Lexica at 9:18 PM on May 30

The List. No comedy, though.

Edit: oops, didn't see the reference above. Sorry!
posted by eschatfische at 9:21 PM on May 30

« Older Metaphors are claimed to affec...   |  At almost any Thai restaurant ... Newer »