Help me setup my old Droid Razr as a music player for my stereo

I have an old Droid Razr that I would like to plug into my stereo to stream music from Google Play. How can I control it from my Android Phone and preferably also my wife's iphone.

I totally willing to root the phone or anything to make it work. I've tried Music Remote but it doesn't seem to actually do anything / neither my phone nor my desktop can see the server on the Razr. Help?
posted by Uncle to Technology (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm a big fan of BubbleUPnP, which is an all-round excellent media player/controller/server for Android. I run it on all my Android devices and it would suit this purpose fine. You'd need a copy on both your android phones (both server and player) and a similar DLNA controller app on your wife's iphone. As a bonus you'll be able to stream music to the razr from any other media servers you have in the house too.
posted by vanar sena at 1:04 PM on May 26 [2 favorites]

Thanks vanar sena for the proper search terms. I ended up using UPnP Monkey cause it's free and Cast To UPnP for Gmusic because I didn't need video or anything.
posted by Uncle at 2:21 PM on May 26

BubbleUPnP is pretty magnificent.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 6:26 PM on May 26

« Older My dissertation hand in deadli...   |  Suppose I want to do service o... Newer »