Pelvic pain during intercourse?
November 2, 2005 1:19 PM Subscribe
GirlPartsFilter: pelvic pain during intercourse.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (17 answers total)
I've been having pelvic pain off and on during intercourse for the past couple of months. I saw a doctor last week and was tested for what seemed to be everything under the sun: urinary tract infection, yeast infection, bacterial infection, and every STD they could think of. The nurse called me today and says that every single test came back negative. What now?
1) Pain started mildly and only occasionally, immediately following a yeast infection a few months ago. In the past couple of weeks its gotten to the point where it's so bad/frequent that we'll stop intercourse and move on to something else.
2) Pain is sharp, located vaginally, and happens more at certain angles than at others, and with moderate or deep thrusting. Its sometimes but not always helped by using extra lubricant.
3) I have no other symptoms, except for a white, very thick, odorless discharge that we noticed for the first time last night during intercourse.
4) I'm on the Pill (went on it around the same time as the pain started) and in my 30s. I've been on the Pill before with no ill effects.
5) The relationship is very positive both sexually and emotionally. (He's got a clean bill of health too, btw, no STD's, etc.) We're monogamous and I'm really comfortable with him (physically and emotionally).
6) I have no history of pain during sex with any other partners.
I'm going to try to get into the doctor's again as soon as possible, but in the meantime I'm starting to freak out a little. Is there a test they might have overlooked?