Router forgetting about my Chromecast

I am a Verizon FiOS customer, using the provided Actiontec modem/router. The wireless is working acceptably well with phones, tablets and laptop, but two devices appear to keep falling off of the network: a Chromecast and a wireless printer (Brother 2270dw). Restarting the printer or Chromecast gets them back on the network immediately, and they work fine for a while, then it seems like the router "forgets" about them again.

I previously had the printer hard-wired to the router, and I never had a problem with the router forgetting it. (symptoms of forgetting the printer - my PC shows the printer as offline, and the Brother control panel cannot find it. I can't get into the printer to change settings, either.)

Any thoughts on anything to try? Settings to tweak or look for in the router?
posted by dforemsky to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

What do you mean by "restarting the Chromecast"? Are you unplugging from the TV or outlet and then plugging it in again? Or setting it up all over again?
posted by matildatakesovertheworld at 8:40 AM on May 21

Just unplugging from power and back in again. Not reconfiguring.
posted by dforemsky at 8:49 AM on May 21

« Older My Galaxy S3's screen broke an...   |  I'm looking for examples of at... Newer »