"Survive for long on the streets and you're a warrior." Name that tune?

In my early clubbing days, at the start of the 1990s, I used to hear a ravey/housey/techno song with a repeated refrain (possibly a vocal sample lifted from elsewhere) that sounded like "Survive for long on the streets and you're a warrior." As I recall, this line was spoken rapidly and aggressively, with what sounded like a British accent... and the vocal may have been sped up (as a lot of vocal loops were in dance tracks around that time).

Google turns up nothing, so maybe I misheard the words, but that's how I remember it. I know I must have heard this for the first time between fall '89 and summer '91, because I was in Miami at the time, and this track was getting semi-regular play for a while at the clubs on Miami Beach I was going to during those years. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
posted by Artifice_Eternity to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Is it Warrior by Public Image Ltd. ?
posted by Skoloxia at 1:14 PM on May 13

Nope. It's definitely a dance tune (tho the vocal could be sampled from elsewhere).
posted by Artifice_Eternity at 7:55 AM on May 20

« Older My wife and I have a 6-month-o...   |  I majored in CompSci. I have 7... Newer »