Help me find a big hat for my big fat head.
May 9, 2014 9:31 AM Subscribe
I have a big head and long thick hair so hats rarely fit me and if they do they aren't comfortable so I have never worn them. I like to garden and sunburn easily and have recently had a small cancer removed from my scalp and I'd like to wear a hat to keep my head, face & neck covered from now on. When your doctor checks you for skin cancers get them to check your hair too if you don't wear a hat, no one puts sunscreen there and it gets the full brunt of the sun as I learned the hard way, so anyway now I need a hat.
posted by wwax to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (19 answers total) 24 users marked this as a favorite
Things I am looking for in a hat.
- Comfortable fit for a very large round head. Things that usually fit are tight and just squeeze themselves off of my head as it is also very round. Adjustable would be great.
- Covers both face and back of the neck and keeps the top of my head covered. So those wrap around visors that are the only thing I've found that fits are no good.
- No baseball caps. I find the adjustment bit at the back gets tangled in my hair. I have a LOT of hair.
- One that breaths so my head doesn't get sweaty.
- Will stay on through all the bending etc that goes with gardening.
- Looks cute would be nice as I might like to wear it out in public sometimes, but would be happy with just one that fits and works.
- No chin straps.
Any suggestions welcome.