Can't-Beat Retreat

Seeking suggestions for a place for a friend to enjoy a relaxing three-day yoga and meditation retreat in a beautiful location anywhere in California. Potential complication: it has to be next week.
posted by Dansaman to Health & Fitness (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

It might be worth your friend's time to contact Osmosis in Freestone to see if what they offer fits the bill. I can tell you it is a beautiful place in a beautiful, redwood-adjacent setting.
posted by Lynsey at 1:00 PM on May 7

Does she need it to be guided, or is she just looking for a quiet place to be alone? There's a monastery in Big Sur that has a retreat center, New Camaldoli Hermitage. It's inexpensive, silent, absolutely beautiful.

There's also the Esalen Institute just north of there. I have never been but it's supposed to be lovely.
posted by gerstle at 2:33 PM on May 7

The Ojai Retreat is stunning and not very expensive if you play your cards right.
posted by mirepoix at 11:04 PM on May 7

« Older Big nerd, never been in a head...   |  My dad is verbally abusive. M... Newer »