Looking for a Camera Bag That Can Hold a 10" Tablet

Essentially I'm looking for recommendations for a bag that will hold a DSLR and two lenses as well as a 10" tablet and some other smaller accessories. Extra points if it will also handle a full size keyboard, but I don't expect that to be possible.
posted by nathanrudy to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Tamrac Rally 5. I have one - it's perfect for my T3i, two lenses, speed light, and iPad, plus a little bit of other small stuff (cables, etc). Only issue is the front clasp is a little weird to close, but you mostly get used to it.
posted by jferg at 5:01 PM on May 3 [1 favorite]

I have this Swiss Gear model. You can't see in this photo, but there is a pocket on the backside as wide as the bag. I carry my full sized iPad in that pocket with a Zagg keyboard cover. It's perfect for keeping the iPad separate from the camera gear, and easily accessible without having to open the main compartment.

I can carry 2 camera bodies with lenses, and an additional lens or 2 in the main compartment. There is also a zippered pocket on the outer flap, plus an opening in front of the main compartment with plenty of small slots and pockets for cards, cords, and other accessories. I love that I can carry it across the body, messenger-bag style, making it easy to access.

I've got half a dozen camera bags in my closet, including a single-strap backback style one, but this one is by far the best I've ever owned.
posted by The Deej at 5:05 PM on May 3 [1 favorite]

I have the Timbuk2 Snoop Messenger in the small and medium sizes, and I love them. The small holds the camera and room for another lens (or my sunglasses) and the medium is kinda gigantic. The heavily padded inside is actually an insert, so you can use it as a regular bag, too. They both have a slit pocket on the back inside, so you can slip a tablet in there easily.
posted by mimi at 8:11 PM on May 3 [1 favorite]

I carry a Lowepro Event Messenger 150, which has a dedicated tablet pocket.
posted by naturalog at 11:48 AM on May 4

I love my Think Tank Retrospective 10, but it is a 3 lens bag if you keep one on the body. A Retrospective 7 would likely suit your needs.
posted by pheide at 10:37 PM on May 4

« Older How long would it take a pair ...   |  So, I've had this issue as lon... Newer »