I am looking for suggestions on a full-sized, wireless keyboard (Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth) that would be a worthy replacement for my old, disgusting
I am a professional video editor and visual-effects artist, who is in love with the old full-size Apple "White" Keyboard, in particular the Wireless Bluetooth version. I have to resort to buying them used on eBay, which is a horrifying thing to consider, given the unsavory activities that generally take place when using a computer keyboard. Given their continuing rarity, as well as the fact that all the used units I own seem to have varying levels of flakiness in regards to Bluetooth connectivity, I need to find an alternative.
I know that Apple sells a wireless version of their newer slim aluminum keyboards, but these keyboards are a non-starter for me because they lack extended keys (the numeric keypad, F13-F16 keys and the dedicated "Help/Home/PageUp/Delete/End/PageDown" keys. Also, the function keys on the newer keyboards are way too small for my tastes. I also prefer the feel of the "smushier" key-presses on the older Apple Keyboards.
I am also skeptical of "add on" numeric-keypad hacks, like this LMP keypad
. I've seen many reviews of these units, most of which are lukewarm at best.
The White Apple Wireless Keyboard is in my eyes, perfect. The things I am looking for in a replacement keyboard would ideally match the qualities of the Apple keyboard, namely:
• Quiet keys, with not too "mushy" of a feel when typing.
• Sleek form-factor (not a total deal-breaker, but it's one of the things I like most about the Apple White Wireless keyboard)
• Full size Numeric Keypad
• Help/Home/PgUp/Delete/End/PgDown key block above the arrow keys
• "F" keys that are large, and go from F1 through F16
• Proper, Mac-specific Command/Option/Control key placement and/or labeling (I don't want to have to use a keyboard remapping app in order to reverse the behavior of the Control & Option keys on a Windows-sympathetic keyboard, for example)