Help me find this oneoff comic about college/grad school w/superpowers

I have a memory of a one-off comic that I saw online one time about college and grad school. There was a sort of superhero or superpowers metaphor for the whole process of higher education. Black-and-white, in pencil (?), maybe some use of green. Help me find it?

College was presented as sort of an epic quest -- a series of battles, fought alongside friends, with lots of superpowers, and also as a climb up a mountain. A big team boss battle capped it off. Then that mountain was shown to be just one mountain among many, at the foot of a much larger range of mountains -- grad school. Grad school was sort of more of the same -- fights, climbing, eventually defending a thesis / fighting a giant monster alongside friends. And then the real world or something.

As far as I know, it was a one-off, not related to a strip. Maybe 10-20 pages in total. The art was pretty spare and not super fancy, but visually clean. I think it was all in pencil, with minimal use of one color (green?).

I've googled and mefi-searched, no luck. Anybody know this comic?
posted by gurple to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

This isn't exactly what you described, but could it have been something from PHD comics?
posted by Lay Off The Books at 10:34 AM on April 30

I don't think so. Very different art style.
posted by gurple at 10:36 AM on April 30

Oh!! Hey, I found it. Took some doing -- it just looked like a tall skinny image in the Google Image search.

Here.
posted by gurple at 1:08 PM on April 30

« Older My friend is graduating next m...   |  My heart says one thing, but m... Newer »