"Hay Una Uncion Aqui" - Karaoke Track?

I am trying to find a "karaoke track" for the song "Hay Una Uncion Aqui" by Danny Berrios, which is (apparently) a Spanish language contemporary Christian song (a student of mine needs it for a talent show). I know about as much Spanish as I do contemporary Christian music, which is to say, none.

I know that there are ways to pull out the vocal track of a recorded song, but I also know that this can be tricky. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be happy to buy something for a dollar but I would also be fine with a quasi-legal solution (email me - username@gmail.com - if you'd rather do that). The student owns a legal copy of the original song, if that helps.

To clarify, by "karaoke track" I mean I just need an .mp3 file with no vocals.

Any tips?
posted by rossination to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

Are any of the karaoke tracks for the song on youtube close enough? You could convert the youtube vid to an .mp3 file.
posted by 23skidoo at 6:53 PM on April 29

Sorry, should have mentioned that I looked through those versions and they still have a singer performing the lead vocal part.
posted by rossination at 6:55 PM on April 29

For future reference, you might have more luck searching "instrumental track". Here's a true karaoke track (instrumental plus lyric captions). There's also a lot of piano versions out there but I think they're not as useful because the piano plays the melody line instead of just accompaniment.
posted by gingerest at 7:21 PM on April 29

Ah hell, thanks gingerest. Now I have another cool music teacher trick. Wouldn't have thought to search that way.

Thankfully I have several ways to extract audio from YouTube files so I should be good to go. Thanks!
posted by rossination at 7:25 PM on April 29 [1 favorite]

Searching for the name of the song + karaoke often works, too: the song gingerest linked was the first song in the list that I found.
posted by 23skidoo at 7:28 PM on April 29

« Older Six years ago, I bought these ...   |  We're going to Seville! Wha... Newer »