Which NAS drive - 2014 edition
April 22, 2014 11:10 AM Subscribe
Hi folks, looking for recommendations for a new NAS drive to replace our dying Iomega drive. Snowflakes inside.
posted by peteyjlawson to Technology (5 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
We've had an Iomega Home Network Hard Drive for a few years now that's had daily use for streaming media and Windows backups. Mrs Peteyjlawson has noticed that it's making a clicking noise that, to me at least, implies impending disk failure doom. So, we need a new one sooner rather than later.
- Available fairly readily in the UK
- Can't justify a lot of money in one go
- Needs an integrated DLNA media server that works with XMBC and an LG smart TV
- I'd prefer a RAID solution but it's not a dealbreaker
- Some hackability would be nice to while away a Sunday afternoon
Aside from that, I'm open to suggestions. So, what would the lovely denizens of the green advise? Thanks in advance for any help.