What's the website where you can choose how much to pay for something?

I came across this website a few weeks ago that was selling a web design/dev tutorial package, among other things. Depending on how much you paid (above or below the average price), you'd get a certain number of lessons from the total package. I also remember part of your payment went to the charity of your choice. There was a basic intro to HTML/CSS lesson, one on turning a Photoshop design into a web site, and 7-8 more for a total of ~$11. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
posted by sociology to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Google Helpouts?
posted by sockermom at 8:52 AM on April 11

This one on Stacksocial?
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 8:53 AM on April 11 [1 favorite]

That's the one! Thanks Gomez_in_the_South!
posted by sociology at 8:55 AM on April 11 [1 favorite]

No problem. It works the same as the Humble Bundle does for games. They're both often featured on the Gawker media sites (Gizmodo/Kotaku/Lifehacker), maybe that's where you saw it.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 9:05 AM on April 11

Dealotto is a similar system (but not for charity).
posted by humph at 1:01 PM on April 11

« Older I need guidance on what sort o...   |  Hi, me and mrs.chasles and ... Newer »