Children's book featuring the Brontes?

In the 1980s I read a children's chapter book that featured the Bronte sisters as children. I think it was part of some kind of fantasy time travel - the real main character from a more modern setting somehow travelled back to Haworth parsonage and interacted with them - but I'm not sure of that. Possibly she found a diary or other notebook of theirs? I remember their time being presented as dark, and mysterious, with a sinister male figure, probably their father but maybe Branwell? What was this? Thanks!
posted by sumiami to Writing & Language (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Was it Down a Dark Hall?
posted by the webmistress at 11:17 PM on April 10

Possibly The Bront√ęs: Scenes from the Childhood of Charlotte, Branwell, Emily, and Anne by Catherine Brighton?
posted by woodman at 4:44 AM on April 11

Could it have been The Twelve and the Genii?
posted by featherboa at 7:14 AM on April 11

The Twelve and the Genii description raised prickles - I think that may well have been the one, though I'll have to read it to be positive. Down a Dark Hall also sounds intriguing! Thanks for all the suggestions.
posted by sumiami at 8:38 AM on April 11

The mist on bronte moor? I read that a few months ago, and it sounds quite similar.
posted by Ms Vegetable at 8:00 PM on April 11

« Older After eating, I get hot. Uncom...   |  I'm looking for some psycholog... Newer »