Why can't Internet Explorer upload?
October 24, 2005 8:08 AM Subscribe
TechFilter: Why can't Internet Explorer upload?
posted by horseblind to Computers & Internet (12 answers total)
I am a MIS tech. I have one user in the building that is unable to upload files via "upload" or "attach" buttons in MS Internet Explorer 6.01 in Windows XP. For instance, if she would try to add an attachment to an email in gmail or yahoo the operation fails. In gmail a message is returned stating that it should be tried again, in yahoo the operation tries for an indefinite time period without ever completing. Gmail and Yahoo are are just two examples. This operation will not work on any page with a button that provides this functionality.
The PC has all of the latest service packs and security patches applied.
Here is what I have tried to resolve the issue (all to no avail):
1. Re-applied Windows XP Service Pack 2.
2. Created a new profile (this issue occurs for all users, including admins, of said PC).
3. Reset all of the options for secured browsing within IE.
4. System restore to a date before the problem was evident.
5. Cleared history, cache, downloaded programs, ssl state, forms and passwords, etc. in IE.
6. Scanned for virus, spyware and adware.
I have Googled for this issue and have foud little else that applies to the situation. When they seem to apply the solution is usually along the lines of all that I have already tried.
I am trying to avoid a wipe and reload. Unfortunately, due to company policy, using a different browser such as Firefox is not a viable solution.
So has anyone else had this problem? What has been done about it?