I got a plasticised-wire thing came with my USB Mouse. What is it?

OK, this is odd: I recently bought (online) a little (portable/spare) USB Mouse (fitted with a spring-loaded, self-retracting cable-tidier). Fine. The mouse arrived today, along with a Yellow, Plasticised-wire (pipe-cleaner type thing), which has a cute duck face at the end of it, and a strange forked-tail. No other explanation. (Easter, perhaps?!), but I suspect it's some kind of mouse cradle to hang off a laptop... I don't get how this might be used, but wondered if anyone here could explain what it was / it's proper usage to me. Ta
posted by Dub to Technology (11 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Could you post a picture?
posted by brainmouse at 6:17 PM on April 10

Picture might help?
posted by musofire at 6:17 PM on April 10

OK. http://postimg.org/image/9i1n58ibx/
posted by Dub at 6:25 PM on April 10

You can't make the tail out from that, but it's sort-of V shaped (like a snake's tongue)
posted by Dub at 6:26 PM on April 10

I suspect it's just a toy. I've gotten free plastic toys with some orders of cheap electronics from China before. Or it could be intended as a cable wrap, to keep other cables together. Probably doesn't have anything to do with the mouse, though -- it was just what they had at hand when packing your order.
posted by hades at 6:33 PM on April 10

OK, could be... Could be, as you point out, they weren't selling well (and, as the mouse has a self-retracting-cable-tidy), they just threw it in. OK Yeah, maybe
posted by Dub at 6:36 PM on April 10

Cable tie?
posted by wwax at 7:09 PM on April 10

Does the forked end fit into the holes/dots in the nose? It looks like it might. I have no idea what it is then used for, but....yeah.
posted by HermitDog at 7:34 PM on April 10

That's a cable tidier. I have them, except mine look like monkeys. Looks like they threw in a little lagniappe with your order.
posted by headspace at 7:24 AM on April 11 [2 favorites]

Oh, well done. The "Cable Twister - Chick" at headspace's link is definitely what you've got.
posted by hades at 7:55 AM on April 11

Spot-on, [hades].
Glad you peeps found the answer. It was driving me nuts. Thanks
posted by Dub at 9:51 AM on April 11

« Older A number of mammals (including...   |  I have two 10 year old, part M... Newer »