Insurance for newborns?
April 5, 2014 12:02 PM Subscribe
I need to insure my newborn. Snowflakes inside.
posted by mrfuga0 to Health & Fitness (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
My health insurance at work won't be valid past August and to add her would be fairly expensive (about $5000 extra a year!). My husband is on independent insurance and adding her as a dependent would be prohibitively expensive as well. Our income will put us beyond any state-sponsored programs (we make well over the $50,000 limits most states seem to have). She's healthy and normal.
1. We've been out of the country for a year and don't really understand the Affordable Heathcare Act and what our options are there.
2. We are moving to Florida in June.
3. Child was born three weeks ago.
4. My health insurance may or may not be available to me in the summer/fall. I will find that out in a couple of weeks.
5. I believe she needs to be insured by 30 days or 45 days? I'm not 100% sure because I've heard both.