Please give me birth control advice - AFTER condoms.
April 3, 2014 7:19 AM Subscribe
My partner and I have decided to use two layers of birth control. Her doctor said it was a good idea, because condoms have a small failure rate even when used perfectly. However, she doesn't want her parents to know (she's 20) and is on their health insurance, and she has a family friend that works at planned parenthood.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (35 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
1. Can't get the pills without a prescription (parents would know)
2. Might mess with her hormones (which would be terrible!)
1. Seems SUPER sketchy.
2. Barely helps at all (high failure rate), expensive for very little, you have to wait 15 minutes, uncomfortable and bad for the vagina.
3. However, this is what her doctor for her yearly checkup recommended.
1. I don't think you can double up Male and Female Condoms and have a higher success rate than just a male condom.
1. Need doctor to insert/buy.
2. Family friend works at planned parenthood.
3. Kind of pricey, but not really.
We feel kind of lost about this. We both thing having a second layer of protection is necessary, but we are out of ideas. Can anyone give us any suggestions for anything? We haven't made love in over a month because we haven't figured it out yet.
Thank you so much.