Identify this game for me

I played a demo of this a long time ago, and its bugging me. It was a PC game, possibly late 90s/early 2000s, I think it was a Microsoft game.

In the demo you controlled a third person guy with a jetpack, and were part of a team of two other AI companions. You took out some enemies on large platforms. You could also, in the demo, turn on your team mates, who were really difficult to defeat (it was possible though!)

Any idea what it might be, and for a bonus, whether the game itself was any good?
posted by Cannon Fodder to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Erm... Tribes or Tribes 2? They were 1st person... but... jet packs!
posted by disillusioned at 12:55 AM on April 3

Outwars! Lots of videos to be found on youtube, which make it look as... not-great as I remember it being.
posted by emmtee at 1:22 AM on April 3

Man, it is clearly Outwars. But try Tribes! Tribes was actually pretty damn fun.
posted by disillusioned at 1:37 AM on April 3

Another game that was LIKE this but better was Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri.
posted by selfnoise at 3:27 AM on April 3

Yup, that's right! That video brings back memories. Man 90s gaming looks so great!

Tribes is a series of games I really should get round to playing some day. On a very long list.....
posted by Cannon Fodder at 10:16 AM on April 4

« Older I'm looking for academic paper...   |  I apparently over-cooked some ... Newer »