Close Encounters of the panda kind

Have you seen this picture before? My 4 year old daughter just drew this picture (of a panda bear, if it wasn't immediately obvious). It is eerily familiar. I swear I have seen something just like it before, somewhere on the internet. A google image search wasn't even close. Help! This is driving me crazy.
posted by googly to Grab Bag (14 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Kung Fu Panda?
posted by Rob Rockets at 8:23 AM on March 27

Reminds me of the class of rage faces on the top row of this image here.

Also looks a bit like Morty from Rick and Morty.
posted by phunniemee at 8:40 AM on March 27

Looks like Oski.
posted by Temeraria at 9:09 AM on March 27

It reminds me of Hyperbole and a Half's style, with big round eyes and a smile with deep corners.
posted by Think_Long at 9:26 AM on March 27 [3 favorites]

Reminds me of the cover of The Cure's The 13th
posted by jonathanbell at 9:34 AM on March 27

It reminded me of Frosty the Snowman:

http://popculturehasaids.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/frosty-the-snowman.jpg
posted by Mo Nickels at 9:55 AM on March 27

I'm sure this isn't the reference but it reminds me a whole lot of this drawing I saw once.
posted by komara at 9:57 AM on March 27

Its face reminds me of Jack Skellington.
posted by kimberussell at 9:59 AM on March 27 [1 favorite]

Thanks for all the input so far, but sadly none on target. What I remember is definitely a line drawing, like a kid's drawing but I'm pretty sure it was part of a comic or something. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.
posted by googly at 10:22 AM on March 27

it is making me think of the fairly standard pose a cartoon character does when he sees an object of affection across the room and kind of helplessly drifts over towards them - big eyes, arms by sides, tiny steps...? I can't find any examples but I definitely know what you mean!
posted by corvine at 10:33 AM on March 27 [1 favorite]

looks like an Achewood character to me...
posted by leemleem at 12:43 PM on March 27

The drawing looks strangely familiar to me too, but it reminded me of some kind of fast food mascot or other brand symbol. Was the drawing you remember of a panda as well?
posted by Oliva Porphyria at 1:20 PM on March 27

The drawing I remember had nothing to do with a panda. I think it was supposed to represent a zombie or something. Or someone drooling.
posted by googly at 3:47 PM on March 27

Reminds me of Ren and Stimpy. Like when one of them is going nuts (happens a lot).
posted by pseudostrabismus at 10:33 PM on March 27

« Older A few years ago, my mother sen...   |  Thirty years ago, I remember m... Newer »